Imported HTML files

Is there any way you could make it possible to highlight parts of text in the imported HTML files the same way you can in text files? I’ve been using Scrivener to draft my dissertation (cheers, by the way; I love the program : ) ) and when I’ve been heading somewhere with no web access I occasionally save articles from online journals and import them into the Research section. It wouldbe incredibly useful to be able to highlight parts of the articles to come back to during re-writes.

N.

Hi,

I’m afraid there is no way of doing this really, without trying to enhance the web view, which would involve spending development time on an area of Scrivener that is not the main focus. Media files are really only intended for reference, and it is beyond the scope of Scrivener to try to make the web view, image view, PDF view or any other media view into anything less than basic, I am afraid.

However, you can still do what you want. Use Document > Convert Web Archive to Text on the HTML file in Scrivener that you want to highlight or edit. This will convert it into a regular text file with images etc intact, so that you can now highlight it. This conversion feature was added for exactly the sort of situation you describe.

I hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith