OK, I managed to do what I wanted, but I’m wondering if there’s an easier way.
Here’s what I did.
- Pasted a document into Excel, getting one row per desired card (each para was what I wanted the card synopsis to be).
- Exported an OPML file from Scriv.
- Reverse engineered that into an XML schema by pasting the OPML file text into an online converter.
- Imported the resulting schema into Excel and mapped the two attributes that Scriv uses to one column for the card title (I just did a number sequence) and the other column for the synopsis.
- Exported the file from Excel as a .xml, then renamed the extension as .opml
- Imported that file into Scriv. Got what I wanted with some very minor fiddling around needed (deletions of some stuff that said “Untitled”).
However, did I miss something obvious that would do this without the messing around in Excel etc?
Thanks in advance – and a big face-palm coming if this is a built-in feature.