importing ascii files into research folder

Hi, I have been adding some reference materials to my research folder inside a scrivener project.

These files are ascii plain text files but do not have a .txt extension. Scrivener complains when I try to import them, is there a way (besides renaming each file) to force the import to happen?

Thanks,
R Haynes

They should import without an extension… What complaint are you getting? Also, note that Scrivener imports everything as UTF8 by default.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks for the response! The files have extensions .tex, they are plain text LaTeX files. The error I receive is:

“Some files could not be imported because they were of an unsupported file type.”

Cheers:-)
R Haynes

Ah, right, I thought you meant that they had no extension. Because Scrivener doesn’t recognise the .tex extension as a file type it can import, it won’t import them currently. I’ll add it as one of the plain text types for the next update. In the meantime, I’m afraid you’ll have to change the extensions to .txt in order to import them…
All the best,
Keith

no problem, many thanks!

if you are like me and do not want to change original names then you might try using term to create hard or sym links. Then import the link in scriv.

As a fellow unix guy, remember that OSX let’s you bend the rules that are fixed. Got to love a BSD core.