Importing existing folder structure

Dear All,

I am a new user using the Trial Version and am only referring to you after spending 3hrs trying to fix something I don’t seem to be able to fix, and at a very early stage. I’m sure that there must be an easy way to fix it but my learning curve seems right now the Monte Carlo F1 circuit.

I am trying to import a novel consisting of one title page and two parts (so 3 parts at the same level), and then each of the 2 parts consisting of 11 chapters (so 2x11 subdivision). I tried importing it into both Novel and Novel with parts template but I am not able to reproduce the structure of my novel. Every time I add a chapter, it gets added without the possiblity of subchapters division. I can add chapters but they get added elsewhere and I cannot subdivide them. Is there any freedom in choosing the folders structure and subdivisions?

I tried both ways: reproducing first my own structure to copy the text in, but it didn’t work. Then I tried importing my whole document at each level, deleting the previous parts and using “Split at”. No success either.

Even if the only way would be copying and pasting the whole (very long) document, I cannot reproduce my folder structure in Scrivener anyway.

I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you in advance, kind regards,
Alexandra