Importing the Scrivener User's Manual Into a Project

I am trying to write my first project (a short story) and I want to import the Scrivener User’s Manual into my Research Folder to make it easier to look things up when I have questions instead of having to constantly go back and forth between Scrivener and a PDF file. Problem is I do not know what the user’s manual file name is, where it is located within the Scrivener program files or how to import it. I am using the latest version of Scrivener for Windows and installed everything directly from the download file.

Can you help me out here. It would make my life much easier.

Thanks!

The Scrivener manuals are PDFs. You can download a copy from the link below and copy/drag it into your research folder.

literatureandlatte.com/support.php#Scrivener

Thank you so much for that link. I have put it in my Download folder so I can drag it into my project. :smiley:

Welcome.

Just for the record, there’s no mandatory need to download the manual. It’s already located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener\resources, along with the often overlooked Scrivener Default Shortcuts.pdf cheat sheet, which you may also want to import into your project for reference. 8)

I don’t know if this is universally true, but for me, the PDF opens in an external program (Adobe Acrobat Pro in my case) when I go to Help->Scrivener Manual. If it does similarly for you, then going to File->Save As in your external PDF viewer should let you save it to a temporary location without having to dig into the installation files to find it.

Thank you both for your helpful suggestions. It did not occur to me to open the file with Scrivener Help then save it to a temporary file folder in a location that is easy for me to find. I downloaded the file from the link supplied above and put it in my Downloads folder then imported it from there. I will import the cheat sheet too, because that will be most helpful while trying to learn the program. I just know that once I have learned it it is going to make my writing so much easier and enjoyable. Who knows! I just might write my first best-seller. :laughing: