Improvements in compare option (snapshots)

Hi !
Just a message to tell you that’s would be nice if we could select 2 snapshots on the list and compare them instead of compare with the current text.

Yes that would be nice to be able to do, compare two snapshots. I wanted to do that yesterday.

If you right click a snapshot, there’s an option to open it in a Copyholder, but it doesn’t show the “compare” markup when opened. Having the option to open it in a Quick Reference or external editor would be useful (ideally with the compare markup, but even without.)

Maybe the ability to drag the snapshot into the binder? Add it to binder as a sub doc of the parent?

(A snapshot aside: After making a backup yesterday, I deleted all snapshots for all documents, and the size of the project and backups shrank by some 3/4. The option to take a snapshot every time sync runs must be behind that. I :heart: redundancy!)

1 Like

So pretty much all of these listed things are part of the intended design, and have yet to be implemented. The only exception is putting snapshots into the binder, that isn’t a thing, but you should also be able to easily drag the text of a snapshot into the binder to create a new item out of it.

A snapshot aside: After making a backup yesterday, I deleted all snapshots for all documents, and the size of the project and backups shrank by some 3/4.

Further on that, look up table 11.1 in the user manual; you can use that date search syntax to filter out all snapshots older than say 3 months, and delete only those.

3 Likes