"incompatible with this version of scrivener"

Hi all,

I need help! My laptop went into hibernation mid Scriv session as a result of lack of power. When I restarted and tried to open the Scriv file the project.scrivx file was showing as 0MB and I received the above error message.

When I look in the “Files” folder the backup and autosave files are both there but I can’t work out how to restore them. I have tried the simple rename and try to open but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Crobbie

Hi Crobbie,

If the .scrivx file did get corrupted, we’ll need to try and retrieve that from the backup or autosave file in the project. It could be something else, but the 0MB reading on that is definitely not right.

If you want to just zip the entire .scriv folder (not just the .scrivx, but the containing folder) and send it as an attachment to support AT literatureandlatte DOT com, I can take a look at it.

Hi MM,

I have done just that.

Many thanks in advance,
Crobbie

Hi again,

Could you confirm your email address for me? It bounced back. This was the error message I received:

Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table (state 14).

Crobbie

Hi again,

Could you confirm your email address for me? It bounced back. This was the error message I received:

Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table (state 14).

Crobbie

Urf. “support” not “supper”. :unamused: Sorry about that. I have no idea where my brain was. Obviously not talking to my fingers.

I thought it must be something like that! I have resent.

Crobbie