Index Card images & synopsis: Mixed mode?

Hi Keith,

after a few days, I have now setup my complete short film project in Scrivener. Not only did I do the screenwriting in there, but also the complete pre-production and organisation. Scrivener will also be up and running during production, since I created a storyboard out of imported images on the Corkboard. Using the labels “to do” and “done”, I created a virtual (and visual!) shooting schedule. The titles of the index cards contain the shot numbers and maybe something like “wide” or “close-up”.

However, what’s a bit of a let-down is the index card mode: An imported image is in “image mode”, so I see the image on the Corkboard AND in the inspector. “Behind” the image, I’d like to use the synopsis field for a more detailed description of the camera angle and some added phrases of which lens to use and so on. Unfortunately, I can only toggle between these modes. Couldn’t there be a mixed mode where you can see the synopsis above or below the image? Of course, I can write those descriptions in the “Document Notes”. But especially during production, I can’t have the Inspector open all the time for space reasons. Image AND synopsis right on the Corkboard would be really great! Or what about a modifier key for the index cards? Alt-Cmd-Click could “turn” the index card, so the image is replaced by the synopsis and vice versa. That and a nice turning animation (optional :mrgreen: ).

Any chance? :wink:

Best regards,

Christian

Hi Christian,

One thing you can use is QuickReference panels for this - just launch the QR panel from the index card, and flick between the synopsis and image in the QR panel; this has no effect on how it is displayed in the corkboard.

All the best,
Keith

Hi Keith,

yeah, that would actually be the look I’d like! I tried it out and read the manual. However, there are a few problems: The QR panel can’t be synchronised with the Corkboard. When I select the next index card / picture, the QR is not updated, but I have to open another QR and re-configure it to show image AND synopsis. This has to happen for every single index card / picture, and with storyboards, there are MANY. :wink:

By accident, I realised, that there actually is a modifier key for toggling image and synopsis in the Inspector: Cmd-Click on the index card does the job. Wouldn’t it be logical (and great) then if you could toggle the index card itself as well? I wouldn’t need to have the Inspector open or handle QR panels but just Alt-Cmd-Click on the image and get the synopsis right away inside the Corkboard.

Best regards,

Christian

Hmmm… Seems I was mistaken… Cmd-Click on an image index card does NOT show its synopsis but the parent folder’s synopsis… pity… :blush:

Best,

Christian