INDEX CARD LINE DIRECTION CHANGES

Hola,
When I click within an index card and the curser is on a line the direction of the lines and type changes from horizontal to vertical.

Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks,
Richard Paris
Author: ONE SWEET RIDE
richardparis.com

I cannot reproduce that myself, in 3.1.5 on macOS 10.14.6, but maybe check to see if the View ▸ Text Editing ▸ Use Vertical Layout option is checked? It should only impact the text editor, but I can’t think of anything else in Scrivener that would be related.

Thanks… I tried that not the prob.

What actually happens is when I highlight an index card in cork board mode then click on the card it changes to vertical with a ‘horizontal dash’ curser. I then need to click outside the card to force it back to horizontal.

UPDATE > THE FIX > When the lines change to vertical right click and the dropdown has a Layout Direction that becomes the default.

Richard Paris.
richardparis.com

Thanks! I hadn’t tried right-clicking on the card, but was trying to use the main menu instead. That looks like a bug to me (either in that it doesn’t display text correctly vertically, or that it simply shouldn’t allow one to do that in this context).

It is odd because it doesn’t make sense to me in this context since the heading remains horizontal and the body lines change to vertical.
That said, all is good. I am getting used to Scrivener and designing a template with a series of custom icons etc.

Richard Paris
richardparis.com

Yeah, like I say it is a bug of some sort (or omission), so we can’t expect it to make too much sense. Thanks again for the report.