Index cards

I don’t know if this is a proper “bug”, or if it should go in another windows sub forum, but you can’t press the return key to get a new line when typing onto the index cards. I find it a bit of a faff to have to use the mouse to go to edit > Insert > line break, and would much prefer to be able to just press the return key, or use a key combination such as [alt]+[return] to insert a line break.

Also, speaking of faffs, edit > insert > line break would be easier if it could be done with [ctrl]+[e], [i] and then [l] as well as with the mouse.

I agree. This happens at more places than just the synopsis card. For example, while typing dialog in script mode, one is forced to use the Edit->Insert menu as well. I would vote for the ability to use some key combination, like ALT+Enter or CTRL+Enter, to enter a “raw” CR+LF.

You can use return to enter line breaks on index cards by going to Edit > Options > Navigation tab and deselecting ‘return ends editing synopsis…’

Hope that helps.

Thanks Stacey!

That’s a well-hidden option! :open_mouth: :laughing: :smiley:

You’re welcome.

Re: the shortcuts, that’s on the list too. :wink:

I think standard windows ‘memo’ components would do that with Ctrl+Enter. I don’t know if Ctrl+Enter is being used as a shortcut when that cotrol has focus, but if not, it might make things a little bit easier.

Just a suggestion