Installing Java Convertors

I am using Mac OS 10.5.8. I have downloaded the Java 1.5 convertor application but having trouble installing it.

I can get as far as: /users/myname/Library/Application Support/… I then can’t find the scrivener folder in the Application Support folder - where is it likely to be?

Thanks.

You shouldn’t need to download the converter itself, this included in Scrivener and we have a licence to distribute it. All you do need is a compatible Java runtime engine on your system. Scrivener should request the installation of this (if necessary) when you click the “Set Up Improved MS Word and OpenOffice Converters…” button in the Import/Export preference pane. This will run the Apple utility for installing their official Java runtime engine.

In regards to where the support folder is, it sounds like you might be running the sandboxed version of Scrivener from the Mac App Store. It is not allowed to use the standard Application Support folder, so the easiest way to get to its sandbox area is via the Scrivener/Reveal Support Folder in Finder menu command from within Scrivener. Like I say though, you don’t need to install Aspose yourself and it wouldn’t be placed there in any event, by Scrivener.