Internal server errors

Is this a big problem for most people?

I check in to the forum several times per day ( it’s on top of my “fora-to-scan-often” list), and I only experience the ‘internal server error’ error very occasionally; certainly not every day and often not for several days.

FWIW…

Regards,

Joachim

As well as the message, I’ve started to get the following:

[color=green]Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User kblount has already more than ‘max_user_connections’ active connections in /home/u1/kblount/literatureandlatte.com/html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/u1/kblount/literatureandlatte.com/html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/u1/kblount/literatureandlatte.com/html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Variety is the spice of life…
:wink:

Juddbert et al, good morning,

Im getting the new warning too, as well as all the other problems navigating the forums, but, something I noticed yesterday was, if you use, Jump to Select a Forum``, at the bottom of the page it always seems to work, straight away, even when the forward/ back` arrows are taking forever.

Keith is talking about his own server and the expense of it. It occurs to me that, there is a community evolving around Scrivener, within these forums, and each member of this community seems to place a great deal of value on having Scriv to work with. Nobody could possibly be ignorant of how much time and effort Keith put into Scriv, or just how willing he is to oblige with anything he can do to make it better.

Im proposing: that we do a feasibility study to see how we can, as a group, finance the purchase and running of Keiths server.

Would anyone like to second the Proposal?

Take care
Vic

Actually I have just bitten the bullet and paid for my own server to fix these problems. I won’t get chance to move everything over to the new server or a couple of weeks, though, owing to holidays and things, and of course I want to make sure that everything is running perfectly on the new server before transferring the domain name over.

So - hold fast. These problems should be fixed by the end of the month. :slight_smile:

All the best,
Keith

Yay! (It took one server error to post this!) :slight_smile:

Alexandria

Alexandria, my little chuckle bunny!

can I take it that your yay! is a seconding of my proposal to fund the cost of the server. If it is let me know, then I can approach Keith officially and make some enquires as to the best way to proceed.

Take care
Vic

Hi Vic,

Well, actually, er, I’ve been out of town and not looking too hard at the forums, so my little expression of glee was a response to Keith’s announcement that he was getting his own server going. Now that I have read your lovely email, however, I would say it’s worth exploring. I would also say we would need to have more people online with the plan, since I am a lowly and as yet unemployed, newly annointed Ph.D. person.

So let me know if/how things develop. Oh, and ‘yay.’

Chuckle Bunny

Very kind, but I’ve paid up and the whole thing is sorted out - it’s just a matter of my getting the time to transfer files over to it now, which won’t be for a couple of weeks.
Best,
Keith

Alex, ma personne intelligente sans emploi modeste précieuse,
fear not, your future is assured. I have created a position just for you, as one (the only one), of my retinue. See ad. below.

Required: Personal French Maid to an aging D Sadesque` debauched libertine.

Must be well read e. g. All the works of the Marquise de Sade, Kamasutrum etc. etc.

Must be able to talk filthy in French ( multilingual preferably).

Remuneration: Very poor.

Compensation: A whole new outlook on life.

Application: Réponse dans le langage de l` amour.

Hurry my Sweet! The job is Yours.

Le Directeur xxxx

Keith, it was just a thought. There seems to be such a lot riding on just you and AV around here.

Enjoy the rest of the hols, and good luck with the new server

Take care
Vic

And AV doesn’t even get paid for her services (yet)…
Best,
Keith

I recommend that everyone who can, and doesn’t mind it, make use of the RSS feed for this forum. You can set it to get updates at whatever interval you like, and then read individual posts at your leisure without requesting data from the sever every single time. Unlike some feeds, the full post (including any embedded images) get included. When a post interests you, there is a link provided at the bottom which will take you straight to that point in the forum. Very handy. Vienna is a nice free RSS reader—but even the one that comes built in to Safari would make for an easier browsing experience. Not only for you, but everyone else because fewer people are constantly talking to the server.

I second Amber’s motion. In Safari, all you need do is click on the blue RSS symbol at the end of the L&L URL. When you get the feed page, bookmark it. Set it up to show the newest posts first, and you may color-code them, too. (See Safari Preferences: RSS). You may sort them in many ways and even do a quick search for topics or posters. (And im-posters, like Vic-K). :slight_smile:

Druid!

SSssshhhhhh!!! Don`t tell everybody.

V. or Dir.