Invalid project message

I’ve been using Scrivener for PC, since it was in beta version, and I love it. I’ve also been a long-time user of dropbox, and feel proficient with that.
I purchased Scrivener for iOS… followed the tutorial, and moved my relevant files to the Dropbox/Apps/Scrivener folder and set that as the backup location… and synced. And SOME of the projects can be opened… but some cannot. And of course the project I want, I cannot open. I’ve opened a test file on the iPad, examined it in dropbox, opened it on the PC… put it back in dropbox, opened it on the iPad… and compared it to the project I cannot open… and I can’t see a difference. I have updated the PC version to 1.9.7.0
fwiw, I’ve tried opening the project on the iPad both from Scrivener directly, and also from Dropbox … with the same result.
The message I get is
Invalid Project. The project cannot be opened because it does not contain a valid binder structure file.

I’m sure it’s something simple… and I’ll feel really stupid once someone points it out to me… but I’m at the point where I’m out of ideas, and am willing to risk feeling stupid.

and as a side note… I just went into Dropbox again (on the iPad)… to try yet again, and decided to try to import it to Scrivener, rather than just open it. The message this time is
Invalid Project. The project could not be imported becuase it does not contain all necessary structure files. Please try importing it via iTunes instead.

so I’m off to try that. BUT … note the misspelling of the word ‘because’

Have you opened the project in 1.9.7, made some small change and then closed it and allowed Dropbox to upload it to the server before trying to open it on iOS? From earlier discussions it seems that sometimes you have to make a change for the new bits of info for it to work with iOS to get inserted into the project; just opening it and closing it in the upgraded desktop Scrivener is not enough.

Just asking … :slight_smile:

Mark

while that might explain why some of the older projects aren’t opening, the project I’m trying to access on the iPad was created in 1.9.7… so sadly, that’s not the solution. (but I will try that with some of the older projects)

while brighter minds than mine continue to look for a solution (perhaps)… I have no patience :smiley: … and as a Scrivener for Windows user, I’m in the habit of looking for workarounds :smiley: :smiley: … so

I took the blank project created on my ipad… opened it up on my desktop. I also opened up the project that I wanted to be able to access on both devices (the groundwork for my Nano 2016, of course!). I then dragged/dropped all the contents into the blank project.

I am delighted to report that I can now access this project on both the iPad, and the PC desktop! My color labeling didn’t carry over, but that’s an easy enough fix.

:laughing: :laughing:

Glad you got it going again, even though my suggestion was irrelevant.

:smiley:

Mark