iOS Corkboard Background -- Darker option please.

Request: Please offer a darker background colour as an option in the iOS Corkboard view.

Rationale: I recently started using the freeform corkboard in Mac 3.0 for a new project which seems to want it. I didn’t want the freeform background to match the plain corkboard background (which in my case is the corkboard texture), but I disliked the very light grey background that is the default colour (about 92% grey.) After playing a bit, I settled on a darker grey (60%). Perhaps unsurprisingly, it’s about the same darkness (“value” as in HSV) as the old corkboard texture.

In short, the colours L&L offers as default on Mac and as the only options on iOS are very light. An opportunity to either a) choose whatever background colour one wishes on iOS (as I can on the Mac) or b) select a significantly darker colour on iOS (midrange grey?) would be welcome.

You can always switch to dark mode on iOS.

All the best,
Keith

You’re right. I could. But that would NOT make the cards stand out from the background more than they do now; in fact having just tried it (again) I believe it results in less contrast, I do not wish to change the overall lightness or darkness of the screen, but to be able to have somewhat more contrast between the cards and the background on which they are displayed, please.

It’s a wish. For the list. :smiley: If the answer is no, so be it.

Ah, okay. It’s a “no”, though, I’m afraid. :slight_smile: Dark backgrounds with much lighter cards result in odd visual illusions of their being lighter patches at the corners of the cards and it doesn’t look too good. But also it wouldn’t really fit with the theme that we have designed for iOS, which is intended to be light and lightweight.

All the best,
Keith