iOS: synopsis-only compile appearance

There doesn’t seem to be a way to create a .scomp file that will show synopses with (or instead of) text. I’m failing to find a complete documentation of the YAML involved in writing .scomp files (though perhaps there’s nothing that’s not already documented in the (i) button on the Appearance Editor screen) – so maybe I’m missing something?

Anywho, if that’s the case, then I’d love to be able to control what goes into my compile (Title, Metadata, Synopsis, Notes, Text) like I can with the desktop app’s .ini appearance templates.

Thanks for an awesome product,

g.

Thanks for the kind words. The text in that info area does indeed give the full .scomp specifications. You are right that there is currently no way to include synopses and notes in iOS Compile, but the good news is that this is on my list for implementing soon. I can’t promise that it will be in the next minor update (mainly because of 3.0 work and my upcoming two-week holiday), but it will be added in a free update at some point in the coming months.

All the best,
Keith

Hello! Any status on this feature?

Yes, you can compile or print only synopses with the current version of Scrivener.

With iOS Scrivener? Not as far as I know. If I’m wrong, please post how to do this with iOS Scrivener.

1 Like

I would have to buy an iPad and the iOS version of Scrivener and install that, before I could prove this to be true. So, it’s likely my bad. I don’t know.

2 Likes

I can print the outline with imac-version. But can make it work on the ipad.