iPad functionality vs. Windows...can't change font style

Hi I’m new to using Scrivener on my iPad, but I love it on my laptop. The only thing is, I HATE Times New Roman Font - and that is what Scrivener defaults to on my iPad. For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to change the font style on my iPad version of Scrivener. Also, the functionality of Scrivener on my iPad seems VERY limited in comparison to what I can do on my laptop. Is there a FULL user’s manual on how to setup and use Scrivener on my iPad? I have the short little “getting Started” manual that comes with my iPad, but that doesn’t give me ANY info on how to change my font, open the character map, or any of the great things I can do on my laptop! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Coleen

Hi Coleen

See this discussion concerning fonts:
https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/ios-font-issue-not-matching-os-project-settings/37649/4

As far as more general info see the knowledge base here:
scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb/ios

And videos here:
literatureandlatte.com/lear … als?os=iOS

The platforms can’t and won’t have feature parity; see here:
scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb … er-for-ios

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much for the links. I will check them out when I’m able. I’m at a place where I have very limited WiFi connections…sigh. I do LOVE Scrivener for my Laptop, but I sure wish the iPad version had all the functionality of the Windows (and I presume Mac) versions.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

okay, for the font thread, the only issue is that when I open Scrivener on my iPad, I don’t see a paintbrush in the editor (maybe I’m looking at the wrong place) but all I see is on the left, a list of all my work in the binder. on the right, at the top, there is no paintbrush. There is an i

[quote]
and a clock, and a magnifying glass. on the left, under the binder, there is the settings button, the manuscript button, the internet button (photo library, camera, web page, browse), the create new folder button, and the create new document button. I don’t know where to go to see a paint brush…

After you create a document, tap into the Editor (where you’d do the writing). The brush will now appear at the top, right hand side.