Is Anyone Using Dictation Tools with Scrivener Today?

Is anyone using dictation tools with Scrivener today? If you are, what tools are working for you?

TIA.

I was logging on to this forum to ask that same question. I’ve been using scrivener for several years and love it. However, lately my right arm and hand is bothering me to the point where I can’t type very long or very often. I have been using Windows speech recognition software, but it doesn’t work in scrivener. It will work in Microsoft Word and it will run commands to open Chrome, but every time I have scrivener open, it won’t work.

I just purchased Dragon Naturally Speaking. I haven’t started using it yet, but I decided that it’s an investment I’m going to be using for years. It’s got the best reputation in the market and it also allows transcription of dictation. So I can record while I’m out and away from my computer, and then transfer the audio recording to the computer and dragon will transcribe it. I haven’t started playing with it yet, as I just got this afternoon. But I’m hopeful and optimistic.

Christa

Please let me know how it turns out.

[UPDATE] I am now using Dragon on my Mac with Scrivener, and it is working really well.