Is Everybody Ready?

NaNoWriMo start in a little over 24 hours (EST).
Are you geared up and ready to go? Got the pen/keyboard ready?
Did you remember to stock up on Hot Pockets and other microwave goods? :laughing:

Anyways, I’m not too ready. Still have quite a few things to finish before November should begin…
By the way, what are the chances of the next version of Scrivener coming out before NaNoWriMo begins? :mrgreen: :neutral_face:

The answer to your last question is 0%.

The answer to the first question is, I am so totally unprepared, and swamped with work, that I think I am going to have to give up before I have even started.

Maybe I will have my own private attempt in a different month.

Quitters! Don’t give up! Here’s a start to inspire you… from an imaginary novel about a Romanian gymnastics coach turned inspirational emailer who tries to get people to write bad novels about nonsense every November:

Anyway, I’m going to dive in. The only preparation I’ve done is to save a bunch of unrelated science/technology articles that will somehow figure in the story which will be based on the 1970 Brit TV series UFO. Paging Col. Straker! Oh, that and I bought an extra battery for my MBP, to use on a couple of cross-continental flights where I need to get a LOT of writing done in November…

Good luck all. Don’t quit yet!

B1225

Argh! 6,060 words going in on day two. I’m a prolix machine of blather! What am I doing here on the forum?

I have 3839 words after 2 writing sessions (one on nov 1, and one today) of 1.5 hours each.

Very satisfied even if today’s session took a bit of effort. I know where I want to go next, but had trouble getting there.

My MC then decided he knew what to do, so he had sex.

Twice.

I’m pretty annoyed with him now, so now I have a beer and he can’t have any, haha!

It has already sucked me in…

Tanja

I have five bug-fixes, and a word count of zero :S

I’m right (write?) with you Tannie: 3,835 words during day 2 (still just 10 pm here so will scratch out some more). Have been cheating, novelizating a lot of back story that people will know, if they ever saw the tv series this is based on.

And if I ever let them read it. Which I won’t.

Need to let the characters take over soon. The having-sex-twice-thing is pretty likely (for the characters, not for me). The beer too. (For the characters AND for me).

B1225

if you all keep talking about having sex like this you-know-who will show up and and start using his remaining three legs to run circles around looking for the juicy details. He has been a good boy lately so you shouldn’t be tempting him like this.

:slight_smile:

I didn’t solidify my story idea until today. 758 words, not bad. I can catch up.

So psyched! I’m finally keeping up on the word count (with some technical difficulties) but I LOVE scrivener for this.

What a great tool for capturing all of my scattered thoughts and ideas!

Last year the novel went no where. This year I have a sense of direction and it feels so good.

BTW, I just pulled a couple of suggestions off of the forum on word count, but I haven’t had a chance to try them yet.

This is my first time using Scrivener and I see the word count down at the bottom of each doc, but have been using a calculator to get the total. I know that’s wrong.

I have carefully checked and unchecked which docs really belong to the “manuscript” but I have failed to crack the code on how to get a total word count.

Here’s what I pulled off of the forum this morning, that I’ll try tonight:
"Another quick way to get the word count of a group of documents is to select them all in the Binder, and then just use the Project statistics (Cmd-Opt-Shift-S) "

"I could also greatly appreciate how easy it is to let Scrivener count all the words in several documents (by selecting them in the binder, and activating the Edit Scrivening mode). "

If anyone has clearer and simpler instructions for a frazzled nano-er I would gratefully appreciate it.

Write on!
MD

m-d, hiya,
Welcome aboard The Good Ship Scrivener. :slight_smile:
Judging by the content of the previous few post, and, assuming you are of the same ilk, you had best find yourself an efficient, ‘Bonkometre’.

We`re drowning in turpitude! :open_mouth: What ever happened to modesty and chastity. :frowning:
Take care
vic

Third NaNo for me, but the first using Scrivener. Me likes!

But somehow, I’m not as “fast” as I used to be. About 5,000 words in four days … Ouch. In 2006, I wrote as much a day. :smiley:

Blather on!

Cheers,
-Sascha