Is it possible to import my personal word list from Scrivener 1?

Hi!
I just upgraded to Scrivener 3 (and omg, I love the new design!) and would like to know if it’s possible to import my personal word list from Scrivener 1? As there are a lot of words Scrivener doesn’t know (at least in German) and it would be cool if I hadn’t to add them all manually again.
Thanks for your help!

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for using Scrivener!

Scrivener 1’s word list is in: C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Scrivener\Scrivener\wordlists.ini

Please note: The AppData folder is hidden so select the ‘Hidden Items’ box in the File Explorer ‘View’ tab so you can see it.

The Scrivener 3 word list is located in:
C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\LiteratureAndLatte\Scrivener\wordlists.ini

Your word lists will open in NotePad, and you can copy the words from the v1 list into the v3 list. Each new word should be separated by a comma and a space.

Restart Scrivener 3 (if it’s open) and now your words will be included in the word list. You can check by looking in File > Options > Corrections > Spelling and click the ‘View Personal Word List’ button.

You might also find the Upgrade Guide, which will walk you through some of the key changes in Scrivener 3.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! That worked!