Is Scrivener 2.8.1 compatible with Mojave Mac OS 10.14?

I searched through topics and could not find an answer. Is Scrivener 2.8.1 compatible with Mojave Mac OS 10.14?
I currently have 2.8.1 on High Sierra 10.13 and am considering upgrading to Mojave, but want to make sure it can still use the Scrivener version I currently have.
Thanks!

L&L’s note on 2.9 (emphasis added):

literatureandlatte.com/legacy-download

Thanks for your response.
I am currently running 2.8.1 on High Sierra 10.13.6 with no problems. I don’t have 2.9 and I am running on Intel hardware. I did purchase this from the Apple Store.
It sounds as if I move to Mojave 10.14, I may not be able to run the version I have and will need to upgrade to 2.9 or chose to purchase the latest 3.0 version of Scrivener? I am assuming that a move to 3.0 requires a purchase… is this correct?
Thanks!

Scrivener 3 is a paid upgrade for Scrivener 2 users, yes.

Will Scrivener 2.9 up and die with Mojave? No. I have it installed for support purposes and it seems to work.

But Scrivener 2.9 is not supported with any version of Mac OS after 10.12. Using it with Mojave is entirely at your own risk.

So you can upgrade now, or wait until you encounter a problem.

Note that Scrivener 2.9 will flat refuse to run with Catalina.

Katherine

Thanks Katherine!

I can’t find a way to update to 2.9 from 2.8.1, so I guess it is time to buy 3.0.

I love using the app and appreciate the great support.

Thanks again!

The only difference between 2.8.1 and 2.9 had to do with licensing, allowing 2.9 to use a Mac Scrivener 3 license. Since you’re an App Store user, the App Store handles all licensing details for you and 2.9 is not relevant. If you need to reinstall 2.8.1, you should be able to do so from the App Store’s Purchases list.

Katherine

Thanks Katherine, I bought 3.0 and all of my projects that I have tried to bring over from 2…8.1 came over. This time I bought Scrivener from this site. I’d rather it go to the developers than the cut I imagine the Apple Store takes.

Thank you for purchasing!

If you haven’t already, you might want to take a look at our upgrade guide for Scrivener 2 users, here:
literatureandlatte.com/scri … date-guide

In particular, there have been some significant changes to the Compile command, so I’d recommend allowing some extra time before any deadlines you might have.

Katherine