Is Scrivener for Windows Falling Off

Wow. I am up against something with this thread that is bigger than my heart. I have to surrender.

Henceforth, I ask the forum to accept the following from me -

I sincerely mean it when I say - I am sorry for my contribution to the volatile world we all reside in; by posting my thread.
I sincerely mean it when I say - I am sorry for offending/insulting anyone’s intelligence.
I sincerely mean it when I say - I am sorry for going into territory that did not want me.
I sincerely mean it when I say - I am sorry for inadvertently displaying an ego trip about my past.
I sincerely mean it when I say - I am sorry for muddying the forum with an inappropriate thread.
I sincerely mean it when I say - I am sorry for inadvertently causing any harm of any sort to this forum or the moderators.
I sincerely mean it when I say - and last but not least, I deeply apologize to Literature and Latte for challenging/scrutinizing their success.

I will refrain from ever doing any of the above again.

I only ask that should I ever post a thread requesting Scrivener technical support from the forum–that I am not shunned.

To the forum in closing - May all the forum participants dreams of success, through writing, be realized and experienced to the fullest extents possible.

Kind Regards to ALL,

Dekade

Yes, that’s what I meant.

I thought I’d ask, as you and Dean Kamen seem to have a few things in common:

• Same first name
  • Started successful medical company in the 80’s
  • Accolades
  • Dekade is nearly same as Kamen’s company Deka.

Ah well. :slight_smile:

Jim

(my bold)

Maybe part of the confusion has to do with this initial assumption or point of view? What if “riches and success” isn’t what is driving everyone? Reading this thread, two quotes by Robert Townsend comes to mind:

“Getting there is not half the fun – it is ALL the fun.”

“If you don’t do it excellently, don’t do it at all. Because if it’s not excellent, it won’t be profitable or fun, and if you’re not in business for fun or profit, what the hell are you doing there?”

Fun OR profit! You might be doing something primarily because it’s fun, not because it will bring you riches and success. Persuading a reluctant buyer to actually buy might result in a disappointed buyer and that’s not fun.

Right now the Windows version is still version 1, not at all in parity with the Mac version 3, so it seems fair to take it easy on the web site, so as not to trick Windows users into thinking that there are equally good versions for both Mac and Windows.

I wasn’t aware either JimRac that we had to conform to your guide on posting. I was not aware that you had joined the moderation team. So if the OP had used your guidelines, he would have had a reply from the kind and warm hearted posters you quote, and maybe not your rude insult?

No problem. I thought that’s where you were going.

By the way forum . . . everyone is making good argument/opinion. All of which is well suited for the boardroom. I just didn’t feel I should any longer invite personal criticism or inappropriately chastise L&L and/or the forum by being an instigator of tension, and uncharacteristically represent promotion of financial greed as might stem from my personal stories, viewpoints, and practiced methods; via a constrained background profile of myself. (Wow, Yuk . . . long, bad grammar sentence. :slight_smile: )

It was a suggestion, sorry my wording wasn’t clear enough.

Yes.

If by “main page”, you mean the page that loads when one first visits the link literatureandlatte.com, then those images/links are not present. They are available via the (sub?) page accessed via the “Download Free Trial” button though. For some reason, when I went looking for the trial downloads, I ended up clicking the Buy Now button instead–I guess the red of “Buy Now” really drew my eye away from its immediate surroundings.