Is there a standard way to denote phrase-oriented comments in Markdown?

Imagine, I have a text, which I write in Markdown and then generate HTML out of it using PegDown.

I want to be able to

add comments to a chunk of text in MarkDown and
then generate a document, where I can see the text with the comments.
For example, let’s say I have following text:

pegdown is nearly 100% compatible with the original Markdown specification and fully passes the original Markdown test suite. On top of the standard Markdown feature set pegdown implements a number of extensions similar to what other popular Markdown processors offer.
When I want to add a comment to a part of the text, it may look like this:

pegdown is nearly 100% compatible with the [note text="Some note related to that part of text"]original Markdown specification[/note] and fully passes the original Markdown test suite. On top of the standard Markdown feature set pegdown implements a number of extensions similar to what other popular Markdown processors offer.

I’m wondering if there is already a standardized way to add notes like these to the text.

The ultimate purpose of this is the ability to edit fiction texts. I’m building a distributed version of Scrivener. Distributed means I can edit the text on any device with Git support (including, but not limited, to my Windows desktop computer and my Android phone with Git client).