Is there a way to clear main text?

Hi all,

So, when I’m working on a screenplay I use the notecard view to beat out the script. I type directly onto the notecards in that view. And it’s awesome. But, once I arrange things how I want them, I’d like to be able to output that into a linear page view. A more traditional outline.

Let’s use this as an example:

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 10.49.53 AM.png

As of right now, if I flip the cork view mode back to the outline oriented scrivening mode, the only thing I will read is INT. SCHOOL as the title and none of the “stuff happens here” will come through.

I later found out that if I use the command “send synopsis to main text”
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 10.40.46 AM.png

that my problem is solved. That it’s sent to the scrivening view.

The problem is… after going through that process. I then need to re-write. So, I’ll go back to the card view and re-write all the cards and want to repeat the process. However, when I select “send synopsis to main text” it then adds that text to the old text from the previous time. Is there a way to select all of the text and delete it without altering the cards and then re-doing the “send synopsis to main text”?

I feel like maybe this is an easy fix and I just need more coffee.

In the outline view, you need to enable “Synopses”. There’s a button near the upper right of the editor when in outline view that lets you customize what you see in that mode.

I think you can load everything in a Scrivenings view, select all, and just hit delete. Otherwise, you’re going to need to do that one document at a time. But maybe if you can enable synopses in the outline view, you won’t need to copy the synopsis into the main text in the first place…?

Ah! Yes, if I click on the third view that shows subdocuments, I get what I need! thank you!