Is there a way to force capitilisation when applying a style?

It is possible in Word to define a style, that when applied makes the selected text appear in all capitals. It does not actually change the characters in the text, just applies the upper case elements of the selected font (is that what a glyph is?). If you remove the style and apply a different one, the original case of the letters in the selected text are restored….

I guess I could also write a macro in Word to find all the pieces of text with a given style, and then make them all uppercase. I was trying to avoid any programming though.

(the reason I’m even trying to do this is described in:

Basically my use case involves building a book that contains many different types of document: prose (short stories, memoire, essays), poetry, scripts (for a mix of radio, tv, stage and film) and other stuff. And then find a way of having a single source (ie a Scrivener project) that can then be relatively used to produce both printed books (in various different sizes, eg hardback, paperback) and also digitial media such as ePub and Kindle.

This may be being somewhat overambitious though.