Is there a way to print out the "Reference Guide"?

Choosing Help/Scrivener Help, from the menu brings up a page from which you can open the “Reference Guide”. Is there a way to print out the whole reference guide without clicking on every link and printing out page by page?

See my identical question in literatureandlatte.com/forum … c&start=15 , and Keith’s indignant reaction …

Well, you can’t have it all …

You do realise that the Help file is a complex package of CSS style sheets, HTML links, and item by item jpgs, all linked to button clicks. Think of it as a kind of data base.

The tutorial is a .scriv file (Tutorial.scriv). You could fire that up and print it. It is in the Application itself. Scrivener > Contents > Resources > Tutorial.scriv.

Keith has already said he is working on an update (1.1) that will include a revised tutorial, so printing it off from this beta (1.055b) may be a bit premature. Why not wait and see what eventuates?

Am I responding to the question you asked?

:confused:

Thanks Timotheus,

One way to do this (kind of) is to go to your Application folder and locate the Scrivener Application. Right-click on the icon and choose “Show Package Contents”. A folder called “Contents” shows up. Inside it there is a folder called “Resources”. Inside that folder there is a folder called “Help”. Inside that folder there is a folder called “html”. Inside that folder there are 37 html pages that are the “Reference Guide” . You can print them from there.

Hi Lightning Lord,

For me the “Reference Guide” is the bible :slight_smile:, not the tutorial.

Thanks bobueland!