Is there a way to widen the Draft Navigator view on the iPad?

I would like to teach from Scrivener on my iPad, but the Draft Navigator view leaves more than an inch of empty gray space on either side of the document. Is there a way to use more of that space? If not, PLEASE add it, L & L!

I can’t reproduce this on my iPad Pro. Are you using the large iPad Pro?

Do you mean inside of the Draft Navigator box or right and left of it? If the latter, here on my iPad this space is not grey but shows the greyed out main Scrivener window (is “window” the proper term nowadays for iPadOS apps?).

I don’t know if it is technically possible to expand a box like this more to the sides. But I doubt this would be a good idea as longer lines do impare readability.

And I also doubt teaching from Scrivener is the best idea since is it not made for this purpose. Why not compile to, say, PDF and teach from that (via a beamer, I suppose)?

1 Like

That was my first thought as well. Presumably if one is presenting content at this point, it is not something you are actively navigating from point to point with (which is the purpose of this particular tool) or editing and changing things (which is what Scrivener is for), so compiling out to something with better presentation options seems to be the right answer to me.

I was going to upload a screenshot of what I meant, but I haven’t reached “trust level one.” Ah well.

I’ve been using Scrivener for years, printing to a PDF on my Mac, and then dropping it into Notability, and teaching from there. But it isn’t editable. I’ve looked at the workflow required to edit in Scrivener on both my iPad and Mac, and frankly, it isn’t ideal. But I’m always looking for ways to improve my workflow, and that was the reason for my post.

Thanks for your help.

I understand what you mean about it being presented as a “dialogue box” of sorts rather than a full screen view, so that’s okay regarding a screenshot (I’ve updated your account anyway).

At any rate, yeah that’s just how this feature presents itself and there are no options for changing it or plans to make it different. So I would suspect for this particular purpose, if the framed look isn’t right for what you need, you’ll need to find another approach.

1 Like