Is there an 'undo' button? Help!

I just hit the ‘Ungroup’ button by mistake when I had moved my outline from ‘Research’ into ‘Draft’ - and now my outline has disappeared! Isn’t there an undo button somewhere so I can return to the previous style? This is driving me insane.

I just want to be able to look at my outline in Draft mode - but now the outline has vanished and only appears in the ‘cards’ on the right. It’s driving me nuts because I need that outline to create. Grrrr!

Thanks for letting me vent!

You want to go back to outline mode? Click on your draft on the binder. It should pop you to the top-level of it. At the top toolbar, in the middle, you’ve got three buttons. One looks like a bunch of papers (“Scrivening” mode), a corkboard, and a list. The list is the outline button.

If you accidentally ungrouped things, what you can do is highlight the things in your binder that you want grouped, right click on them, and select “group.” (Or Ctrl-G.)

Garpu : "If you accidentally ungrouped things, what you can do is highlight the things in your binder that you want grouped, right click on them, and select “group.” (Or Ctrl-G.)

Garpu - thank you so much for your kind help. Unfortunately, it isn’t working for me (I must be doing something wrong but I can’t figure out what it is). Darn!

“Group” creates a folder and moves selected files into that folder. Ungroup moves those files out of the folder and onto the same level. The only way to re-group, is to drag the files back “into” the folder they were in originally. Luckily, the files should all be situated directly after (but on “under”) that folder. To tell whether files are “in” a folder, use the minus button next to it so that it’s closed and no longer showing it’s contents. If the files don’t disappear, then by selecting them all and dragging them to the folder, it will be apparent when you’ve succeeded in putting back where they belong.

Then, with the files inside that folder, you’ll be able to follow garpu’s suggestions to enter outline view.

Speaking as a 3-year veteran of Scrivener, I’ve NEVER used group/ungroup. I suggest that you might want to customize your toolbar to not include that button. Also, the delete button makes it far too easy to accidentally move a file out of it’s correct location and into the trash (where it’s easy to retrieve, but has no sense of where it used to belong).