Is there any way to create a keyboard shortcut for Hide Page View but not Short Page view?

Catalina 10.15.7
Scrivener 3.2.2

Scrivener’s Dynamic Menu is giving me a bit of a headache.

In other words, I can easily create shortcuts to toggle Show/Hide Page View, Show/Hide Binder, but I would like to be able to create a shortcut which just does one of the 2 functions, for example Hide Page View only (the shortcut would do nothing if Page View is already hidden).

thanks very much

I don’t think you can do what you want using just the Shortcut facility in System Prefs. What you need is either conditional execution or sensitivity to the current-state name of the menu item (neither of which you get from Sys Prefs shortcuts), and for that you need a key command utility such as Keyboard Maestro. In such an app, you can design a key command for Scriv that would only execute when the menu item literally reads “Hide Page View”.

1 Like

thank you.
keyboard maestro: I have been using it for years. It is unreliable with dynamic menus. keyboard maestro experts confirm this.
sys pref: the shortcut just toggles both menu items as opposed to triggering just one of the menu items.
thanks for taking the time to consider my question

The only other thing I can think of: I wonder if Scrivener’s saved workspace layouts saves the Page View setting for the editor. If it did, maybe a shortcut for a custom workspace layout that had it switched off is as close as you could come.

1 Like

that was precisely my question in another post, but I never got a reply. thank you for your comment