Is this workflow possible ?

I blog professionally and would like to start selling my content in printbooks and as ePub books on Apple iBooks.

Is it possible for me to use Scrivener as the main “workhorse” in this workflow:

1. I write the given blog post as a chapter in scrivener as part of the project (being the book)
  2. As I write, I would like to publish teasers (intro text) from each blog post / chapter on my blog
  3. When book is ready, I’d like to print it using lulu.com and iBooks

It seems that #3 is very easy using the compiler, but when exporting as html in #2, I get all sorts of html-formatting, that I don’t want.

Is it possible for me to make my own settings for each step - like having all headlines wrapped in

or

and all other lines in

or is Scrivener simple not useable for my workflow?

(Moved to Technical Support.)

Hi,

Rather than using the export to HTML, you might want to try the Edit > Copy Special > Copy as HTML options (probably using the “basic” one). These are designed for copying more basic HTML, which is more useful for blogging. However, there’s no way of applying

etc, at the moment, so that part would be problematic.

All the best,
Keith

Wow, brilliant!

It just doesn’t seem to work properly with danish special chars like æ, ø and å.

Example - When copy/pasting it goes:

At Apple har lavet en genistreg med lanceringen af deres Appstore, hersker der næppe nogen tvivl om.

Example of copy/pasting with basic:

<p>At Apple har lavet en genistreg med lanceringen af deres Appstore, hersker der næppe nogen tvivl om.</p>

æ is the HTML code for the æ symbol, so it should display properly in the end. If you paste into the HTML editor of the blog, does it not look right when published? That’s a quirk on the blog editor end, but is probably remedied by making sure you’re working in an area designated for HTML rather than rich text (which it will then convert for you).

In general it’s a better idea to use entities rather than full Unicode characters as it is more portable between browsers, platforms, and fonts—plus it will survive injection into databases that have not been properly configured with the right codepages and so on, since entities rely only on the basic ASCII character set. Most modern blogs don’t have that problem, but you never know.