Issues with Word Count Tracker

My quick search bar resets on the left side after getting to a certain total word count, whereas the right side does not display the correct amount of words I’ve written today. When I go to Writing History under Project, it says 272 under the Other column. I tried compiling to see if any words didn’t show up, but they were compiled. I’ve been having this issue for a week now and it very frustrating. Thank you for reading.

I’ve had this same problem! I took a screenshot of the word tracker settings versus the total number of words I typed in my document today, it’s only counted about half of the words I’ve written today :frowning:
[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 11.22.50 PM.png[/attachment]
My actual total is also off, it should be 3,222.

In your screenshot, click the Options button in the lower right corner, then take another screenshot. That will help us (and you) see where the problem might be.

Katherine

I took these screenshots of the options today, thanks for taking a look!
[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 7.30.36 PM.png[/attachment]
[attachment=1]Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 7.30.45 PM.png[/attachment]

The options to only count compiled files (in the Draft Targets options) and count words anywhere in the project (in the Session Target options) are probably the source of the problem. Either change those options or make sure that the “missing” words are in a document that’s part of the current Compile group. See Section 20.1.1 in the manual for more information about these options.

Katherine