Italics/Bold Between Mac and Windows

Hiya,

Using the latest Mac and Windows versions, I think (I’m traveling for work, the mac is at home and I’m on the windows (work) laptop so I can’t look the version number up, sorry).

I shut Scrivener down on the mac, then copied my writing directory to a flash drive. Copied that to the windows box, and am now working using Scrivener on Windows.

I’ve read the cross-platform notes. This doesn’t appear.

Let’s say I start a chapter with:

“Hello,” I said, thinking quickly.
The other pointed at my socks, saying “hates the color. Ever consider simple white?”
I looked down, considering. What a jerk. “No. You think that would work?”

If I typed that on the Mac, when I get around to opening it on the Windows box, what I get is

“Hello,” I said, thinking quickly.
The other pointed at my socks, saying “hates the color. Ever consider simple white?”
I looked down, considering. What a jerk.
“No. You think that would work?”

i.e., the italics covers everything up to the close marker (I forget the RTF semantics for a span, otherwise I would quote those, sorry).

Anyone else having this problem? Seen this? Can suggest a process?

At the moment I’m working on the assumption that I can simply highlight everything from the start to the --end of the italics (-- because I want to leave the -actual- italicized words in italics), and hit Ctrl-I twice (no reaction on the first).

(edit 1)

i wonder if the font that I’m using on the Mac does not exist on Windows, and so Windows makes an attempt at guessing what the font should be – and is picking an Italic version of Arial to replace the unknown one. The [/] italic box is not clicked, but the Font “Line” says “Arial/Italic/11/1.2x”.

If a text doesn’t have any italics, then the entire page is “Arial/Italic”, but when there is, then it is “Arial/Italic” until the actual italicized text, then simply “Arial/Normal” after.

I’m chalking this one down as “User font disconnect” and not losing any more sleep over it :slight_smile:

thanks,
rip