Itty Bitty Bug on .docx compile

When I write a script using the Comic Book (Antony Johnston) format, and when I then compile that script in a .docx file, the compiled version inserts a page break after the first line of every scrivening document. The blank page does not show up on .pdf or other compiled exports-- only when I export for .docx.

Hmm, it seems that the “Keep with Next” attribute is getting applied to all those paragraphs during the conversion, which is what is causing this. This seems to be a bug with the third-party libraries we use for conversion to .docx format, so unfortunately it’s not something over which I have control. However, they are quite responsive, so I’ll put some files together for them and report this bug to them tomorrow - with a bit of luck they’ll fix it in their next update.

In the meantime, export to RTF instead.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Actually, it looks as though this is the result of the third-party libraries not liking the way Scrivener writes KWN info to RTF - Scrivener uses an unofficial RTF tag for turning KWN off again. The tag is supported by most word processors but not by the converters we use. I’ve therefore changed the code to use a different way of turning KWN off to fix this.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith