iWork '09

Oh me too, it’s just they’d take away my strat licence if I let Les Paul owners off entirely scot free. :smiley:

I’m just jealous really, my combined Tele, Strat, 335 clones, and acoustic come in at about £1000 all together. They’re good guitars and I love playing them (the 80s MIJ Squier Strat particularly - it’s nearly indistinguishable from a decent MIJ Fender) but they’re not quite up there with the label instruments.

Thanks for the wishes Jaysen. I had a Martin DC16 GTE (IIRC). Beautiful sounds, but had to sell it. I can see why you’re happy with your guitars. Hold on to them!

spinningdoc, I’ve been lucky to have had the chance to play some great instruments, but often price tag does not mean much.
I still have a Squier Strat that I love. Actually my nephew has it now :slight_smile: I believe it was around $150 in the late 80s or early 90s.
I also had a Yamaha AES720 that now belongs to a friend. I paid around $320 brand new about a year ago thanks to a blowout sale, and liked it better than instruments costing over $1000. My only complaint is that the strings felt too “tight” but I’m amazed by the quality of today’s instruments and their low prices. I sometimes use more expensive gear to compensate for my lack of talent, but it doesn’t seem to work :mrgreen:

Happy playing!