JC and the Brain

I have no idea why, but I always find myself thinking of John Cleese at Easter-time. This is a non-Python slice of word-smith wonderment:

wimp.com/firstlecture/

Been there …

Cheers,

Eric

pretty typical of the discoursive skills employed during the cut and thrust of debate in the main auditorium of the erstwhile Gatley Académie…THE ex-RED LION

Marvellous tongue twisting, but I’ve a sneaking suspicion where his inspiration sprang from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFB_FS9rV0c

Ahh the blessed St Stawinn! Gawd lulvyimlode Sorelymistalibbliho! :wink:
Takeally carelobe

Fluffyplylovellychops

Deep joy!
8)

Actually, I think he must have been attending some of my lectures in disguise, 'cos that’s what they must sound like to my students!
:laughing:

X

I’ll have to attend one of your Exeter based lectures Mark. Mandarin delivered with a west-country accent… 'ass proper ennit? To be fair though, I’m quite capable of achieving a similar level of incoherence whenever Vic-k sees fit to crack a bottle or two of his famed Jameson stock. :wink:

Actually,

(1) my lectures take place here in the Land of the Great Firewall, not in Exeter or London … except when I meet someone new and they insist on telling me all about Linguistics and language, to the point that I have to give them a lecture to put them right! And when I hang up my chalk-duster in July, that’ll be it for lecturing for me … unless the Guangdong University of Foreign Studies were to invite me to come and give a series of lectures on issues in Chinese–English translation. I’ll work on that as it would be a way to spend time with my many friends in Guangzhou (Canton) at minimal expense! :wink:

(2) sadly, I don’t have a West Country accent, I have a BBC un-preferred public school (minor variety) RP accent.

But should you ever be passing through the noble city of Exeter, let me know and we might share a glass of something appropriate …

… that should stir Vic-K up! :smiling_imp:

Mark