[JH] when compiling, annotations and comments are omitted from output, even if the boxes to omit them are unchecked

when compiling to html output, annotations and comments are omitted from output, even if the boxes to omit them are unchecked.
Is that a known incompleteness?

Thanks for the report. This is working for me in a test case compiling straight to “Web Page (.html)”, but there is a bug whereby the checkbox state is not being saved, so if you had set this option in an earlier compile but did not deliberately set it again, it may have been reset to remove the comments and annotations. If you’ve ensured they’re both deselected before clicking compile and they’re still not appearing, there’s likely some incorrect interaction with another part of the project and compile settings that’s triggering this. Are you able to reproduce it with a new blank project just containing some sample text with an annotation and footnote? If not, does it occur if you you save your compile format from the first project and use that for compiling the sample?

I did a small test to isolate things and created a custom preset. On this test, comments did show up in the html. However, I could not get annotations, synopsis, or bookmarks to show up in the html output,

As a new user, I’m not sure which ones you would expect to output, but I’d like all of the above to be output, if possible.