Just working on one at the moment, but it's a big one!

The Blue Glass Books of The Dream Eaters, by Gordon Dahlquist. I’ll be honest, I’m one of those guys who gets sucked in by an intriguing cover design and well written blurb. I flick to a page one third of the way in, then another two thirds in, and decide if I’m gonna buy it from that. Shallow, I know, but a bad cover is enough to put me off! Think of the great books I’ve missed because of that. What a nimrod.

Anyway, this is my first post, I just downloaded Scrivener, loved it, went to the site to see what’s what and what’s not, and thought ‘mmmm, yes, sign up, log in, start a message, waffle on a bit too long, get stuck for what to say, realise I really should be working, as I am at work right now, log off quick.’

Good luck to all writers on here, and well well done Keith for your wonderful programme!

Thanks for the kind words about Scrivener. :slight_smile:

I just bought Glass Books of the Dream Eaters myself, as I was intrigued by the premise and the idea of “steam punk”. I have only read the first few pages so far, and it looks like the sort of thing you could lose yourself in, though its length is a little intimidating and it had mixed reviews over here. Don’t know when I’ll get around to reading it properly - let me know what you make of it.

Best,
Keith

Steam punk is indeed an intriguing thing. My first (and only) exposure to it was through Ian MacLeod’s Light Ages. I did not enjoy that book as much as Great Wheel, but both had the same elements that MacLeod is known for. Lovely prose, dense with a strange cross-breed of optimistic melancholia behind every scene. It is a shame that Great Wheel is so hard to come by these days.