Keeping Dates

Hello everyone

I have a “daily” scrivener project for odds and ends, daily scribblings, ideas, brainstorming (ok maybe just storming). I tend to use the date as the document title and sometimes also have the date in the document (and the time if I want to feel good about getting up very early to write).

I am now having a trawl through these to get rid of the waffle and see if there is anything I can use.

I’m not sure about the dates of the writings or if it matters. If I wrote some totally marvellous piece in April last year - does it matter that it was in April last year. When it forms part of an international best seller will it matter that I wrote that part of it in 2013? Will the angst, self-doubt, fledgling writership matter a jot then - or should it matter now?

I want to delete the dates… does anyone else have thoughts on this and if it is an issue or a non-issue?

Many thanks
Silver

I don’t think so. Anyway, Scrivener saves the creation timestamp for each document and the last modification too, so you don’t need to write them on your own.

Other than using Find and Replace (and regular expressions) I don’t think there’s an easy way to remove the titles for several documents at once.

You can rename documents one at a time, though.

Hope this helps!

If you’re worried about the creation date being reset, you could move it to the synopsis field, or the document notes, or even create a custom metadata field for the date, if you really want to. Renaming them one at a time to reflect the content of each document makes sense, as does providing a very brief sentence with greater detail in the synopsis.