Keeps crashing, despite following forum tips

I’m still using the demo and I was finding it just what I needed, but then Scrivener crashed (ie the little coloured spinning wheel started revolving infinitely). I forced-quit, went onto the forum and read something about removing the ui.xml file before relaunching, which I did. I also removed all the websites I’d linked to in the lefthand pane since I thought one of those might have caused the crash. But Scrivener still crashes every time – not always immediately, and not always directly after a keystroke or action on my part. Some comment on the forum mentioned that what looks like a ‘crash’ can actually be a long re-synchronisation process that just needs time to finish – how long exactly? It’s still churning away now, after about an hour.

I’m using OSX 10.4.11, which I know may be considered a bit past it, but things should still work OK shouldn’t they?

I really want to straighten this out before my trial period ends!

Thanks

Nick

Could you zip up the project and send it to me at support AT literatureandlatte DOT com? I’ll take a look to see what is happening.
Thanks,
Keith

Thanks Keith - you mean the .scriv file by itself or do I need to pull together anything else?

Nick

No, just the .scriv file - but zip it up before you send it me (using Ctrl-Click > Compress… in the Finder), as sometimes .scriv files don’t come through e-mail too well unless they’re compressed.
All the best,
Keith