Keith, a linking issue that's persistent

Hi Keith,

I’ve been having this problem within 2.x, and am now frustrated enough to being it here.

I’m shovelling a lot of research data into my Research folder via Paste. I have about 15 other files beneath the Research folder before Trash in the Binder.

When I attempt to link a doc inside the Research folder to another within the Research folder, it’s hit or miss whether the contents of Research are viewable on drop-down. That means I am forced to select Research (the folder) as the link. The contents wont drop down so that I can select an individual document. Doesn’t matter whether I hover over the Research triangle or not.

As I said, hit or miss.

Usually, I can link successfully only once after I open the project.

I can see the “15 other files beneath the Research folder” just before Trash no matter what.

Is this a bug, or what?

Are you talking about the “Scrivener Link” menu? Are the folders definitely inside the Research folder? Could you please post a screenshot showing the Scrivener Link menu as it appears when causing you problems, and a screenshot of your Research folder so that I can see how it should look?
Thanks,
Keith

Are you talking about the “Scrivener Link” menu?
Yes. Accessed via the contextual menu.
Are the folders definitely inside the Research folder?
Yes.

I’ll send you shots privately.

Thanks.