Keyboard shortcut to create new pages while typing in scrivenings??

Returning to Scrivener after a 3 year break.

I’m tearing my hair out trying to find a way to auto generate new pages in the binder while typing in Scrivenings mode.
I swear I used to be able to do this previously.

The functionality I want is this >
Im typing away in scrivenings, and with a key stroke create a new page (and a divider line in the editor), and the next copy I enter is below the divider and on a new page in the binder.

I have a vague feeling i might have used a code snippet or some ‘expert’ shortcut from somewhere - - but i cant remember.

The closest I can get is selecting copy on the page then to create a Titled page, which does the job, but it completely breaks the flow of typing to have to stop and highlight the copy.

Anyway — if anyone has a method to achieve this workflow shortcut my family would be very happy if you can let me know.

Thx, Russ.

The shortcut for New Page is cmd-n, which should do what you want. This is exactly the same in Scrivenings as in a single editor document, or in the Outline or Corkboard or Binder.

(BTW, the Mac has a useful feature to discover this sort of thing: if you go to the help menu and in the search box type part of the feature you’re looking for — here ‘New’ for example — you’ll be shown all the menu commands with ‘New’ in their title, and it includes the shortcut key.)

HTH.

Awesome thank you!

Funnily enough I just booted up an old version of Scrivener on a relic Mac, and in my project notes section I had a note to remind of how to use this workflow.

Now future me is very impressed with past me’s presence of mind.

Thanks you for your reply.
Russ.

I don’t know if you’ll find this useful, but I’m trialling a program called “Ghostnote” that just (finally) released a Mojave compatible version after years of development. The key thing I like about it is that it’s a menu item app that changes the note based on which application (or in some cases, document or folder) is in the foreground. Scrivener projects aren’t recognized, but Scrivener itself is, so I’m taking note of a few shortcuts that I always forget, or new ones that I’m learning.

I thought it might be of interest, since the notes can’t get buried inside a document of a project.

ghostnoteapp.com/

Yeah that sounds interesting - thanks!