Keyword question

I’m trying to move a Keyword to the top of the List in the Keyword HUD. How do I do this? Every time I try to move a word upward to the very top of the list, it puts it under the first keyword and makes it a sub-keyword of that first word I had there. For example, how do I move the word ‘Pink’ in the list below to appear before the word ‘Red’, instead of Pink becoming a sub-keyword of Red?

Red
Yellow
Blue
Pink

Hi llmember,

It might be there’s a trick I’m missing (not the first time, won’t be the last), but as far as I can figure, you can’t (or at least, I couldn’t) - it looks like the keywords HUD automatically re-orders keywords alphabetically.

Sarah

Right, it’s automatically sorted, so the only tricks you can use are those which involve alphanumerics. You could force important keywords to the top of the list by prefixing an ‘a_’ to it. Another alternative would be to have a folder at the top called ’ important’ (note the space in front; old Finder trick), then put all of those keywords into it.

Thanks you guys, that did the trick. One question…Amber, if I make that ‘Important’ folder, then can I rearranage key words inside it w/o doing the “A1, A2, A3…” trick?

No, that is why you have to use the space hack in the first place, because things are always going to be alphabetical.