Kindle compile option

If you choose to compile for kindle, can you upload that file to the amazon bookstore?

If the kindle option is the one I’ve used, yes. I have published one book to Kindle that was converted by Scrivener. Though, when I look at my compile options, it looks like Kindle format is my own, so I might be using my own version. Strange.

The Kindle Store has it’s own requirements for upload. You’re supposed to save the file as html. Then take the .htm file and the “kindle-files” folder and zipped them up together.

kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/ … 8UM0MMSQX6

Scrivener + Kindelgen (required for Scrivener to produce kindle books) does all of that stuff for you. No need to re-invent the wheel.

Cool so once ive installed kindlegen, I can have scrivener compile for kindle, and then just upload that file to amazon for publishing?

I’m not going to go so far as to say ‘yes,’ because I’ve never done it myself, but that’s the idea at least. You will, of course, want to check the output in a kindle app or on an actual kindle before you upload it, just to check that the Table of Contents good,and that all of your book is as formatted as kindles allow for.

Alright thanks!

mythikimagination.blogspot.com/2 … indle.html

Give this tutorial a shot.

The Kindle Previewer tool, provided on the same page as KindleGen, is what you should use to “galley proof” all e-books. The Kindle application that can be installed on your desktop uses a completely different rendering engine from the Kindles—and indeed the Fire, Touch and older e-ink devices all have their own peculiarities as well. The Previewer emulates the output of the hardware devices fairly accurately. It’s not 100%, unfortunately, but it’s good enough for the broad strokes and will reveal any glaring flaws in the book’s navigational structure and formatting.

Wow very much appreciated!