Kindle Scenes, but not Chapters!

Hi all,

What I am attempting to do is create a .mobi file that has page breaks between scenes, but only has one chapter. It’s a very short story, so I think this is the best formatting option. Again, I want page breaks between scenes, and all scenes take place in one chapter.

What I think is the easiest way to do this is to have a text file with the chapter name, in which the first scene is contained. The next scenes are there sub-texts of this file.

Here’s a picture of what I mean: imgur.com/805VZrn

So basically, the chapter is called “In the Throes…”. The scenes are then sub-text files of this chapter file, and are arbitrarily named. My goal is to format the compilation such that the chapter name, “In the Throes…” appears in the .mobi file’s TOC, along with the afterword. So far, this has been achieved.

There are also page breaks between the scenes.

So what I need to do is to find a way to remove the scene names (2 copy, 3 copy, et cetera) from the TOC list.

Also, it would be great if I could include “Afterword” as title text in the Afterword chapter. EDIT: I did this by checking the title box for Level 1 things in the Compile->Formatting window.

So all that’s left to do is to get the scenes out of the TOC list, but retain page breaks between them. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!