label default

Setting my label color under default doesn’t work. Can someone tell me why or what I’m doing wrong?

Could you explain exactly what you are trying? You should be selecting the label you want as the default in the Labels & Status Setup sheet, then clicking on “Default” - the default label will appear in bold. Then any new documents that get created will use that label.
All the best,
Keith

Hi,

This is exactly what I have done, and for some reason it doesn’t work. I have a huge document which I broke up into little ones via the split function and the label on the newly split section defaults to the label of the section above it, and not the default label I set.

Ah, right, now I see what you are doing. When splitting documents, all that happens is that the first document is copied but the text is split - the meta-data remains the same, as in most cases this would be desirable, given that they were originally part of the same document. So just change the label of the first document to the one you want before splitting and you should be good.
All the best,
Keith