Labels and statuses

Hi there,

As I’ve recently been importing all my stories, I’m quite liking being able to label and status parts of stories. The one thing I find annoying, however, is continuously having to create the same labels over and over again. Is there any way to edit options and create a whole lot of labels (with colours) and statuses, that are immediately available for each new project, without having to go and create the same ones every time a new project is started?

Thanks,

BSnapZ

The easiest way would be to create a new project template.

Steps

1. Create New Project selecting the type of project you would like to create.
  2. Add and change the labels and status fields to meet your requirements.
  3. Click File > Save as Template
  4. You can then use this as a template for any new Scrivener Projects you wish to create.

Hope that helps!

That would make sense! :stuck_out_tongue:

But… it’s not working haha. I keep saving it as a template, but when I go New Project it doesn’t show up as one of the templates you can use. :confused:

I’ll have a look and see what I can do.

[i]Edit: I have just tried to recreate your issue. As this is a beta some of the template functions are disabled. I could not create a template under ‘mscellaneous’ but I could under ‘fiction’.

If you need to save a template I suggest that you do so under the fiction category.

I hope that helps.[/i]

Didn’t think to try that. :stuck_out_tongue: I was trying to do it under blank. It works now! Thank you!

Another thing, when I create a new project, by default the save location is in Documents. If I have a folder somewhere called Stories, where I want to save every new project, is there any way to change this default location? It would make it easier, not having to browse through everything to get to the Stories folder every time. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Not yet as far as I am aware, but this should be available by the release date I think.

It is possible to choose your save location.
What I did was use windows explorer or my computer to build the directory folders
i.e. Scrivener Projects (as the group folder)

Underneath that, I created new folders for each of my projects. A different folder for each project.

Then, I went through my Documents folder.
I moved each ___________.scriv folder into the appropriately named sub-folder.
It is crucial not to change anything in the _______.scriv folder, as it contains all the definitions for the project.
Once I had those in place, I had a path to follow.
I could then click on the ________.scriv folder.
Inside there is a file with the scrivener Icon.
Click on this to open the project.

Or

Under File menu, I chose Open. Then followed the path to the correct ___________.scriv folder.
I then opened the __________.scriv folder. In there is a file with the Scrivener Icon. I clicked on that file to open it. The project opens

Scrivener will then remember the location, so you can choose Recent Projects to access your projects.

Everything is kept in place under a master folder containing a folder for each project, all uniquely named.

I built other folders in which to keep my backups, again I used specific folders for each project.

i.e. Scrivener Projects>Murder1>Murder1.scriv
Scrivener projects>Murder2>Murder2.scriv
Scrivener projects>Murder3>Murder3.scriv

Keeping each project in specific folders makes them easier to manage.

Once you Save the project, Scrivener remembers the path to the project so you can open the project via Recent Projects under the File Menu.