Language Tool (LT) on Scrivener ?

Since the guys from Ulysses have added a spell and style checker to their writing app (LT - Language Tool) I sincerely hope that the Scrivener team will also look into this possibility. The spelling and grammar checker on the Mac in the German edition is practically non-existent, so I always had to use other software to check my Scrivener manuscript texts. Is there any hope that Scrivener will get a similar or even the same extension on board?

Greetings,
Thomas

1 Like

There are no plans for anything like this at the moment, although I’ll take a look at what’s involved when I get time. The problem is that everyone wants integration with something different. :slight_smile: I had a quick look at the Language Tool website, and all I can find for developers is this: dev.languagetool.org/public-http-api Does Ulysses just send the text to the Language Tool website? Or is integrated as part of their “Correction” feature?

All the best,
Keith

Hi Keith,
As far as I know, it is integrated. Since I don’t have a subscription to Ulysses anymore myself, I can’t send a fresh screenshot, but I found this here:
ulysses.app/tutorials/grammar-and-style-check

Kind regards,
Thomas

Hi Keith,

Another writing app has now been enhanced with a text style check and advanced text selection. Although the iA-Writer is a pure markdown editor and not directly comparable to Scrivener, it can now perform basic style checks. What I miss here is an option to detect word repetitions.

Greetings,
Thomas