Latex formula in scrivener

Hey,
I followed the insttructions I found. So I installed scrivener 1.5.1, and customized the multmarkdown files with the hints from the forum, so I was able to directly type latex commands and have them correctly typset in latex/pdf.

This worked e.g. for $\cos(x^2)$.

But when I did $\in_2^3 \sin(x)$ the superscript “2" was not set right. The "” always got a leading backslash.

Oneone any idea how I can best produce latex with lots of mathematical formulae in it, using scrivener?

Thx in advance.

Have you tried using the built-in MMD equation codes? I’ve never tried it myself because I don’t really use formulas in my writing, but I’m pretty sure MMD has its own math mode which will translate not only to LaTeX but XHTML math module as well.

Hi,
no I didn’t try that. But because I write a lot of math formula in latex and would like to use scrivener to organize the project etc. I altered some of the xlt-file to fit my desired latex-settings (e.g. I use the standard article class, added other packages etc.) and now use the html-comment-trick, writing my pure latex in structures like . That works.

I had problems to alter the xlt-files so that e.g. \hspace*{3.0cm} come through unaltered., but mmd always killed the asterix and that is another latex-comment which did not what I needed…

H.