[LH2629] Append Selection to Document > New...

Hello,

I’ve moved recently to the Beta version of Scrivener 3 for Windows, and I’ve encountered the following problem: when I’m trying to use the ‘Append Selection to Document > New…’ command (by right-clicking on a word), nothing happens. I’ve just tried it in Scrivener 1 (on Windows, same machine) and it works as intended. Of course, I’ve tried restarting the software, my laptop, everything. Moreover, a weird behaviour is when I try to click on ‘Append Selection to Document >’ the right-click command menu disappears (this doesn’t happen when I click on, for example, ‘Spelling >’). I don’t know if this is intended or not, but I had the same thing happening on version 1 too.

I did a search on this forum for this error and the only thing I’ve found was from 2014 for the Beta testing of a previous (older) version, so I suppose that it got fixed on Scrivener 1 in the meantime but now 3 has the same problem. (I mention this because maybe it helps you with the bug).

This is a very useful feature for me (especially for creating a glossary of new terms), so I would be extremely grateful if you can look into this problem. In case other users cannot reproduce it, I’ll assume it’s a problem on my side.

Thank you very much for your time.

I can confirm that trying to “Append Selection to Document > New…” does not work. It should create a new document, but it does not. That said, you can create a document for your glossary (or whatever) and add it to an existing document as shown:Annotation 2020-04-30 092331.png
This should enable you to work around the bug for now.

Thank you for taking the time to replicate the issue and reply. Indeed, your suggestion is what I am doing currently, though my initial intention was to have a different document for each entry, which is what led me to this bug.

I will work around this until it’s fixed. Looking forward to the final version of Scrivener 3 for Windows!

This has been filed. Thanks.

Thanks Bryan!