[LH3605] [B17] The Target Progress Color

the Target Progress Color only works in bottom,but not the dialog.

002.jpg

This has been filed. Thanks!

Please have in mind that the two target progress bars have different progress. In Beta 17 we have introduced smooth color transition, which can be enabled/disabled via File > Options > Appearance > “Target progress bars use smooth transition between colors”. This causes the document statusbar progress bar to look greenish before you reach your document target.

Still there is a problem with the project target progress control, not using smooth colors no matter what and not using the custom user colors.

If you turn off “Target progress bars use smooth transition between colors” and use default target progress bar colors, the progress bars should show all proper colors, without smoothing. Thank You for reporting this issue!

In Beta 11, the target progress bars colors seem to be a bugger’s muddle to me. I can’t make head nor tail of them.

First, checking or unchecking smooth transition doesn’t appear to do anything visible to me.

Secondly, the colors I see in the bars do not relate correctly to what is shown as defaults in the Options > Appearance dialogue.

In documents where I am halfway through my target word count, the progress bars show red which is the default color for overflow. This is true both in the progress bar at the bottom of the document and in the progress bars in the manuscript outliner view.

In a document where I am slightly over the target count but just within the overflow allowance, with both the Show Overrun and Show Allowance boxes unchecked in the Document Target dialogue, the bar at the bottom of the page shows green which is the correct color for completion. In the outliner view, the progress bar for that document shows green with a short blue element at the right-hand end. Blue seems to be the default color both for Start and Midway states so I don’t understand that display for what I would suppose to be overflow.

If I then check the Show Overrun box in the Document Target dialogue, the progress bar at the bottom of the page shows a short red element at the left-hand end of the green progress bar - since we read from left to right, this appears to be a strange place to show an overrun. In the outliner view, the progress bar for the document remains unchanged, mainly green with a short blue element at the right.

If I then check the Show Allowance box in the Document Target dialogue, the short red element disappears and a short blue element is displayed at the right-hand end of the progress bar (it doesn’t matter whether I leave the Show Overrun box checked or not). Nothing changes in the manuscript progress bar.

For two other documents, where I am about halfway through to my target, the document progress bars at the bottom of the screen and also on the manuscript outliner are colored red which appears to be the default color for overflowed texts. If I change the default color for Midway to purple, for example, the bars for these two halfway documents remain red but what appeared to be a blue indication of overflow in the document where I am slightly over target, the short blue element changes to purple in the outliner view.

It all appears a little difficult to understand or perhaps I have missed something.

1 Like