[LH3614 | LH3790] Compile error: some linked sections in the compiled document (PDF) start with <$rst_scene>

Hi Clive,

Thanks for your thoughtful post. I will try your suggestion and will update the relevant thread if it produces any result. [EDIT: I checked, both options were on default already, I applied, restarted and the Special Elite font issue is still there].
[EDIT2: I also tried Bryan’s workaround, and it doesn’t work here, so I bumped that thread too and am asking for the issue to be logged].

It’s not only ebooks that we produce that way, but print books as well, which is why we love Scrivener so much. Being able to generate publication-ready files as ebooks or print books from the same manuscript saves us hours of work and minimizes the chances for mistakes when dealing with multiple files (which we had to do in the past). This is, truly, a testament to Scrivener’s power and versatility.

I personally have no problems waiting for the software to get out of beta. I only bump a few long outstanding issues from time to time, to make sure they are not forgotten. I think that leaving a few months and 7 betas is a decent enough gap between reminders.

I only feel the need to detail my reasons for doing so when some (not you) post patronizing and alienating advice, simply because they don’t care about these issues, without adding anything to the discussion. Without these, it would have been a single line in the thread.

We have moved everything back to PC, and we only need the Mac to compile using Scrivener. Hopefully this won’t be the case anymore at some point, ideally before we need to replace the hardware, in a couple of years :slight_smile:.